- ABS or other polymer raw materials (PC-ABS, PA..)
- Chemical etching :
- Creation of a conductive layer on the surface of the part by oxidation to create sites to hang for Metallic layer.
- Activation :
Introduction in the micro-holes of Colloidal Palladium which will catalyses the chemical nickel reduction.
- Acceleration :
To activate the catalyst by eliminating the protective layer of Colloid (SnCl2.
- Chemical nickel :
Deposit of a thin layer of Nickel so that the part become conductive.
Are successively apply on chemical deposit :
- Pre-copper : re-enforce the thickness of metal layer.
- Copper : Basis of the coating
- Nickel : To protect the copper from corrosion with various specific treatments : “semi-bright”, shining, satin, crystal, matt, micro-cracked, micro-porous.
- Chromium (*) : to protect the nickel layer and final finish of the part.
* or other finish : dark chromium, trivalent chromium ...